Choreographed by Shelly Svoboda, The Regional School of Ballet has been producing The Nutcracker for over 20 years in Corvallis, Oregon. The RSB production of the Nutcracker features a range of dancers from adorable snow bunnies to our professional guest dancers. Audiences are treated to a full-scale production with colorful costumes and engaging choreography.
Dancers ages 7 and up in Corvallis and the Central Willamette area are invited to our open Nutcracker audition. Each year as dancers advance, roles become more challenging. The Nutcracker is a wonderful opportunity for community dancers to develop a professional attitude in dance and participate in a full-scale ballet production in a positive and nurturing environment.
2022 Corvallis Community Nutcracker
Come see the 202 production of the Corvallis Nutcracker. Tickets are available at Burst’s Candies mid November and are $15. The performances are Friday December 9th at 7:00 and Saturday December 10th at 2:00 and 7:00 at the Corvallis High School Theater 1400 Buchanan St Corvallis.
Check out the Nutcracker News for information this year’s Nutcracker! A calendar of events is available at Nutcracker Schedule.
2022 Mouse King Tea Party
The Mouse King Tea Party is December 10th at 12:00 at the Corvallis High School. Tickets are $10/person and available at Bursts Candies in November.
Nutcracker Auditions for dancers age 7 and up will be held Sept 24th. There is a $20 audition fee for all dancers. Auditions times on Sept 24 are:
- Ages 7-11 | 1:15 – 2:15
- Ages 12+ off Pointe | 2:30 – 3:15
- Advanced en Pointe | 3:30 – 4:45
Rehearsals for the different parts start Sept 28th. Please view the NUTCRACKER SCHEDULE for rehearsal times.
- Dancers will only be excused from one missed rehearsal (no rehearsals Thanksgiving weekend)
- Additional rehearsals may be added for Variation roles
- Roles may be added, dropped, or changed based upon abilities of auditioning dancers.
- Pointe roles are advanced roles and dancers are required to be taking classes 3x a week, including a dedicated pointe class, for these roles. Not everyone who auditions on pointe will receive a pointe role, and will be cast in an off pointe role instead.
Please review the Nutcracker Costume information sheet.
Other Important Dates
Tech/Dress Rehearsals 12/6, 12/7, 12/8
Show Dates 12/9 & 12/10